- Avoid capital gains tax on the appreciation of your real estate
- Maximize the value and impact of your donation for our mission
- Receive an income tax deduction for the fair market value
- Bonus: You can even donate property to fund a charitable gift annuity or charitable remainder trust for lifetime income!
Retained Life Estate
Creating a retained life estate allows you to deed your property to charity and reserve the right to live in or use the property for a term of years or life.
- Make a significant gift to our mission without changing your living arrangements or cash flow
- Live rent-free, only being responsible for taxes, insurance, and upkeep
- Receive an immediate income tax deduction and remove a large assets from your taxable estate
- Major improvements made to the home may qualify for charitable tax deductions
- At your death, the Association directly gains ownership of the property
The information presented here is for educational purposes only. Always consult a legal or tax advisor to determine what is best for you.