New in 2023: A QCD can now provide tax-free cash flow for life!
- The new SECURE 2.0 Act allows IRA owners over age 70½ to use up to $50,000 of their QCD in a single tax year to create charitable gift annuities (CGAs) for a lifetime income stream. (If you file taxes jointly, your spouse can do the same, jointly funding a two-life annuity up to $100,000.)
- This is a unique opportunity to donate to The ALS Association and provide yourself with a lifetime income stream while meeting your RMD for the year.
- While you do receive tax-advantages from funding a CGA with a QCD instead of cash or stock, please note all gift annuity payments will be taxed as ordinary income and a charitable dedication will not apply.
- Contact us to discuss this opportunity and learn how you, specifically, could benefit!
Your gift will directly impact people living with ALS and their families. For example:
- $3,500 can fund a Quality-of-Life grant that can fund home modifications that help with accessibility
- $10,000 can help support ALS Multidisciplinary Care Clinics, where patients can visit all of their healthcare professionals in one place, improving quality of life and helping them to live longer
- $50,000 can fund one novel research project for one full year
- $75,000 can fund one fellowship of a young ALS researcher, through the Milton Safenowitz Postdoctoral Fellowship Program for one year