Gifts of Collectibles & Artwork
Donating appreciated assets of fine art or other collectibles such as jewelry and antiques to charity can have a great mission impact and provide notable tax breaks.
- Support our mission without taking from your cash flow
- May avoid capital gains tax on the appreciated asset transfer
- Receive an immediate income tax deduction for the appraised value
- May reduce estate tax liability
- Bonus: You may be able to donate collectibles or artwork to fund a charitable gift annuity for lifetime income!
- Contact us so that we can help determine if we can accept the asset(s)
- Acquire an independent appraisal of the asset(s) to establish a charitable deduction value
- Transfer to the Association with the understanding we may hold, display, or sell the asset(s)
The information presented here is for educational purposes only. Always consult a legal or tax advisor to determine what is best for you.