Our Vision, Mission & Values
Create a world without ALS
To discover treatments and a cure for ALS, and to serve, advocate for, and empower people affected by ALS to live their lives to the fullest.
COMPASSION – INTEGRITY – URGENCY
Guiding Principles are:
- People with ALS and their families come first
- One team, one vision, one mission
- Accountability and transparency
- Diversity and inclusion
- Open communication and dialogue
- Recognized interdependence between care and research.
- People with ALS and their families have:
- Access to consistent care, treatment and services
- Resource and support services that enhance quality of life
- Quality care and support leveraged by collaboration with partners
- Discover new life-extending treatment:
- Drive worldwide research agenda with urgency and boldness to improve outcomes for people with ALS
- Collaborate with partners in a comprehensive and diverse research model
- Facilitate the rapid development of new treatment options to extend and enhance quality of life while seeking a cure
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
The ALS Association is dedicated to cultivating an environment in which all voices are raised and heard as we serve, engage, advocate for, and empower people with ALS. We will maintain a community that resolves inequities that impede progress in the fight against ALS and ensures that our mission-driven work is informed by multiple perspectives and experiences.
- We pledge to ensure dignity and opportunity for all people engaged in the fight to end ALS.
- We pledge to invest in recruiting and retaining a workforce and volunteer cohort that is representative of the ALS community.
- We pledge to be thoughtful and judicious in our language and culture-building, seeking out diverse perspectives and experiences to achieve our vision of a world without ALS.