Durable Medical Equipment Loan Pool
The ALS Association serving Minnesota, North Dakota and South Dakota provides new and used durable medical equipment for persons with ALS living in our service area. Our equipment is housed at several sites throughout our service area and is loaned at no charge to persons with ALS.
If your physician and/or occupational/physical therapist tell you that you would benefit from medical equipment and your insurance will not cover the expense, we may be able to provide you with these items.
Some of the types of items we have are:
- Mobility aids: canes, walkers, manual wheelchairs, power wheelchairs
- Bathroom items: raised toilet seats, commodes, shower chairs, bath benches
- Bedroom: Mattress Overlays and Bedrails
- Transfer Devices: Patient lifts and a variety of slings, sliding boards, pivot discs
- Over-bed tables for bedside and recliner use
- Threshold ramps, portable ramps (for temporary use)
- Aids for daily living such as for dressing, grooming, eating, and other assistive devices
Determine needs with medical professionals...
Consult with your physician, occupational therapist and/or physical therapist before requesting equipment. Your individual abilities need to be evaluated to determine the appropriate equipment for you.
Pick up or arrange delivery...
Depending on where you live, arrangements need to be made regarding pick up or delivery of equipment.
We continue to support you...
If you need any additional information on receiving equipment, please contact us by email at [email protected] or by calling 888/612-672-0484 and asking to speak to someone in Care Services.
Download a Durable Medical Equipment Program Sheet for more information.
Interested in donating equipment?
The majority of durable medical equipment and communication devices we loan out to people living with ALS are donated by individuals, their families, or others impacted by ALS. Donors often remark on their ability to pay it forward by providing new or gently-used equipment for others in need.
We are always appreciative of the generosity of others and do our best to accept these requests. Learn more about equipment donations and email [email protected] to inquire about the items you would like to donate.