Durable Medical Equipment Loan Pool
The ALS Association, MN/ND/SD Chapter provides new and used durable medical equipment for persons with ALS living in the Chapter's service area. Our equipment is housed at several sites throughout our service area and is loaned at no charge to persons with ALS.
If your physician and/or occupational/physical therapist tell you that you would benefit from medical equipment and your insurance will not cover the expense, we may be able to provide you with these items.
Some of the types of items we have are:
- Mobility aids: canes, walkers, manual wheelchairs, power wheelchairs
- Bathroom items: raised toilet seats, commodes, shower chairs, bath benches
- Hospital beds and a variety of mattress overlays
- Patient lifts and a variety of slings
- Transfer boards & pivot discs
- Over-bed tables
- Threshold ramps, portable ramps, (to be used for special occasions, on a temporary basis)
Determine needs with medical professionals...
Consult with your physician, occupational therapist and/or physical therapist before requesting equipment. Your individual abilities need to be evaluated to determine the appropriate equipment for you.
Pick up or arrange delivery...
Depending on where you live, arrangements need to be made regarding pick up or delivery of equipment.
We continue to support you...
If you need any additional information on receiving equipment, please contact us by email at [email protected] or by calling 888/612-672-0484 and asking to speak to someone in Care Services.
Download a Durable Medical Equipment Program Sheet for more information.