Become a Volunteer
Volunteers are essential to the function and growth of the ALS Association, and we welcome anyone interested in assisting with events, day-to-day operations, or family support.
If you would like to volunteer with us, please start by filling out our volunteer interest form.
Family Assistance Program
Living with ALS makes daily tasks more challenging. The Family Assistance Program matches trained volunteers with families affected by ALS. Volunteers can help with anything a person living with ALS or their family might need assistance with, outside of direct care. By volunteering for a family affected by ALS, you will decrease stress, increase the quality of life for the person living with ALS, and make life a little easier for the whole family.
- Interested in volunteering for the Family Assistance Program? Please visit the Family Assistance Program page for more information.
- If you are a person or family member affected by ALS and would like volunteer assistance, you can also visit the Family Assistance Program page to submit your volunteer request.
- Questions regarding this program can be directed to Jenna Van Proosdy at 612-455-6052 or Jenna.VanProosdy@als.org.
Special events raise funds and awareness of ALS. They empower people living with ALS, their family and friends, and the community to fight back against a disease that often leaves many feeling powerless. The money raised supports ALS research and helps fund the equipment and services The ALS Association provides free of charge to people living with ALS and their families.
- Interested in volunteering at one of our fundraising events? Click here to see our current volunteer opportunities.
- Don’t see an event you're interested in listed? Please submit an interest form or contact Alysha Rendflesh at 414-307-7543 or Alysha.Rendflesh@als.org.
From time to time, we have opportunities to assist with office projects or other administrative tasks (mailings, scanning, etc.), either onsite or remotely. Please submit an interest form if you would like to be notified when these opportunities are available!
Thanks for your interest in supporting our mission!