Loan Closet Program Equipment Donations
Equipment donations are vital to our Medical Equipment Loan Closet Program and the individuals and families we serve. If you have new or gently used equipment items you would like to donate, please see the lists below to ensure your potential donation is an item we can consider taking.
Durable Medical Equipment We Can Accept:
- Power Wheelchair – must be less than 3 years old in operable condition with a working battery, charger, and tilt/recline features
- Power Wheelchair Accessories
- Patient Lifts – Electric Hoyer and Sit to Stand/Sara Lift
- Powered Portable Wheelchairs
- Transport Wheelchairs with footrests
- Manual Wheelchairs – includes high back and tilt-in-space-with footrests
- Portable Ramps 12 ft. or less
- Bedside table/adjustable tables
- Raised Seating (ex. Uplift)
- Transfer Aids/Boards (ex. Pivot Disc, Beasy Board)
- Complex Shower Chairs/Tub Transfer Systems
Assistive Technology Equipment We Can Accept:
- High Technology: Eye Gaze Devices that are 4 years old or less, or Head Tracking Devices
- Lite Technology: iPads/Tablets that are unlocked.
- Low Technology: LCD Writers (Boogie Boards)
- Computer Access Devices: Adaptive Mouses, Keyboards, Joysticks, Computer Headset
- Environmental Controls: Smart Plugs, Alexa Echo products, Google Home, Fire TV Cube
- Adaptive Equipment: Obi Feeding Robot, Switches
If interested in donating one of these Assistive Technology items, please email [email protected].
Thank you for thinking of us, but we do not take the following items:
- Hospital Beds-both semi and fully electric
- Hydraulic or crank patient lifts
- Power Wheelchairs over 3 years old
- Power wheelchairs with non-working batteries or missing chargers
- Manual or Transport wheelchairs missing footrests
- Bedside commodes
- Raised toilet seats and toileting items
- Standard shower chairs and tub bench chairs
- Stair Glides/Stair Lifts/Patient Ceiling Lifts
- Any respiratory equipment or supplies (non-invasive ventilation, suction machines, cough assists, chest vests, and O2 tanks)
- Lift recliners
- Small items such as Diapers, Assistive Tools, Medical Supplies, etc.
- Nutrition and Nutrition Supplies
- Used orthotics-AFOs/hand splints/collars.
If you have an item(s) listed as acceptable to donate, please complete the Equipment Donation Form
After submitting the form, the Loan Closet Program Director will confirm your item(s) eligibility and contact you within one to two business days. Also at that time, a convenient pick-up time will be determined. Once the donation is in our possession, we will send you a thank you letter acknowledging the acceptance of the item(s).
Please note: If you wish to have your item(s) appraised, you will need to contact a licensed appraiser, and this MUST be completed prior to the donation taking place. The Association is not able to provide an appraised value for your donation nor can we include any values within the thank you letter. If you need help contacting a licensed appraiser, please email the address below. It is also strongly suggested that you contact your tax advisor/consultant regarding your donation before the equipment is picked up.
For items not accepted in our loan closet program, click here for a Donation Resource List in the Washington, DC, Maryland, and Virginia area.