Financial Assistance Program
The ALS Association Florida Chapter offers comprehensive support and resources for persons diagnosed with ALS, their families and caregivers. Amongst these programs are the Care Assist Grants, Activities of Daily Living Grants, and Transportation Grants. Grants can help provide people living with ALS and their families the much-needed equipment and services to improve daily life. Assistance is available on a quarterly basis for:
Care Assist Grants
- Respite Care
- Medical Expenses
- Home Modifications
- Vehicle Modifications
- Van Purchase Assistance
Some of these grants are made possible thanks to Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma America! Thank you for your support!
Activities of Daily Living (ADL) Grants
ADL needs are met with assistive technology that allows people living with ALS to complete general activities of daily living as independently as possible.
For detailed information on the expenses covered by our Care Assist Grants and ADL Grants, please review our Grant Guidelines. Payment is made directly to the vendor or service provider whenever possible; otherwise, the client is reimbursed up to the amount of the grant upon proof of payment. Approved monies must be expended within six (6) months of approval letter date. To maintain our ability to continue to fund the Care Assist Grant or ADL Grant, we require recipients to only submit receipts that fall within the acceptable date range stated in the approval letter. Receipts for dates that fall outside of the acceptable date range will not be reimbursed.
Applications are open and available on the 1st of each quarter cycle, and close three weeks after the opening date:
- First Quarter: February – April (Applications available February 1st – February 22nd)
- Second Quarter: May – July (Applications available May 1st – May 22nd)
- Third Quarter: August – October (Applications available August 1st – August 22nd)
- Fourth Quarter: November – January (Applications available November 1st – November 22nd)
Process to apply:
1. Review the Grant Guidelines.
2. Contact your Regional Program Manager to discuss your needs and to ensure that your expenses are acceptable.
3. If expenses are acceptable, obtain the appropriate grant application link from your Regional Program Manager. These links are not available on the website. You must speak with your Regional Program Manager.
4. Apply on the application opening date.
5. Check email periodically for a status update on grant approval. Please note that approval is not guaranteed. It can several weeks before you receive a status update. Why can it take several weeks? The applications are open for a total of three weeks and the approval process does not begin until the applications close on the 22nd of the month.
Transportation grants are available on an as-needed basis. This allows for transportation to an ALS Certified Center of Excellence or Affiliated ALS Clinic with The ALS Association Florida Chapter.
Process to apply:
1. Contact your Regional Program Manager to discuss your needs.
2. Your Regional Program Manager will provide you with the link to the grant application.
3. In the meantime, your Regional Program Manager can suggest transportation resources and county services available in your region.
4. If no other resources are available, your Regional Program Manager will contact a transportation company and get a cost estimate of the transportation service.
5. After receiving a cost estimate from a transportation service, your Regional Program Manager will submit a request to approve the cost of the transportation to clinic.
6. Check email periodically for a status update on grant approval.
7. If approved, your Regional Program Manager will call the transportation company back to confirm the appointment date.
*Note: Your Regional Program Manager will keep you updated on the progress of the grant throughout the entire process.
PLEASE NOTE: All services and programs provided by care services are free of charge to people living with ALS and their families. The grant availability is directly related to the Chapter's fundraising efforts as well as the ongoing generosity of our community, our donors and our supporters.
If you are interested in applying or have additional questions, please contact your Regional Program Manager.