We understand that dealing with ALS is physically, emotionally, and financially devastating for the person diagnosed and their family. ALS Resource Connections groups provide a caring, supportive, open environment for people to gather, connect, and talk with one another. These groups are open to persons living with ALS, their families, caregivers and friends, and are located around the state. They provide opportunities to learn more about living with the disease from others who understand the challenges, and to help establish a network of valuable resources and sustained support. A Regional Program Manager facilitates each meeting and will have speakers on relevant topics combined with time for attendees to discuss and share information and provide feedback to one another.
We realize that COVID-19 is creating a "new normal" for the time being - but ALS doesn't stop and neither do we. The ALS Association Florida Chapter has postponed in-person attendance of support groups until further notice. HOWEVER, we still want to support and see you and are now offering virtual support groups. Please see below for instructions and a schedule based on your region.
Virtual Chapter Meeting Instructions:
- You do not need your own username or password to sign in to the meeting, simply use the link provided to you in the email from your Regional Program Manager. You will receive an email reminder several days before your region's scheduled support group meeting with the link to participate. If you have not received a link, please email or call your Regional Program Manager in advance to receive the appropriate link.
- If using a phone/mobile device, you may be prompted to download the application through your app store. Please consider downloading the app a day or 2 before the meeting.
- When joining the meeting on a mobile device or computer, you may be asked to follow these prompts - "join using computer camera" and "join using computer sound". It is helpful to test the computer sound prior to the meeting. You may need to identify yourself when you join the meeting.
- For better connectivity, consider limiting the number of other applications running in the background, limit the number of devices connected to wi-fi, or if possible connect directly to your modem.
- Staff will be available prior to the start of the meeting to assist with technical difficulties. Please email the Regional Program Manager in your region to assist.
3rd Tuesday of Each Month, 2:00pm - 3:00pm┃ Judie Benwick
2nd Wednesday of Each Month, 2:00pm - 3:00pm┃Judie Benwick
Last Tuesday of Each Month, 2:30pm - 4:00pm┃Camila Arizaga
2nd Friday of Each Month, 11:00am - 12:00pm┃ Melissa Fehrenkamp
2nd Tuesday of Each Month, 12:00pm - 1:00pm┃Judie Benwick
East Central Florida
1st Wednesday of Each Month, 1:00pm - 2:00pm┃ Marixa Salgado
3rd Wednesday of Each Month, 1:00pm - 2:00pm | Marixa Salgado
West Central Florida
4th Friday of Each Month, 2:00pm - 3:00pm┃Heran Sisay
4th Monday of Each Month, 1:30pm - 2:30pm┃Heran Sisay
2nd Wednesday of Each Month, 1:00pm - 2:00pm┃Patti Stanco
4th Wednesday of Each Month, 1:00pm - 2:00pm┃Patti Stanco
3rd Wednesday of Each Month, 1:00pm - 2:00pm┃Patti Stanco
1st Wednesday of Each Month, 1:00pm - 2:00pm┃Patti Stanco
3rd Tuesday of Each Month, 1:00pm - 2:00pm┃Tina Duane
2nd Monday of Each Month, 1:00pm - 2:00pm┃Tina Duane